September 11, 2013

Confessions of a Jaded Geek: 8/30

Day 8 of the 30-day D&D Challenge asks about your favorite character ever played.

mcbride images

Well, my fave Dungeons and Dragons PC ever has to be Jehangir, my nomad fighter from my very first game. Why? Because Jehangir was my first character ever! I named him not so much after the Mughal emperor, but because I liked the name’s meaning: He Who Seizes the World.

My backstory for him had him as an exiled heir to chieftainship of a nomad tribe, with designs on vengeance then conquest if ever he got back. His motivation for adventuring was to gain the treasure, followers and experience needed to stage a successful comeback to the steppes. I kinda blew a lot of money on this character, as if I remember right I bought a horse, chain mail, an expensive composite bow, and on Barry’s advice, a bastard sword. Made a mistake there – I should’ve opted for a normal sword and shield instead, I could’ve used the AC.

Alas, I never got to play Jehangir for more than a module or two. I would re-use the backstory, however, for my sword and sorcery fiction character Orhan Timur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...